ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Mail Exchange 2010 error (ACN0515E Invalid DSMAGENT )

2011-02-17 15:33:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Mail Exchange 2010 error (ACN0515E Invalid DSMAGENT )
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:56:20 -0500
Hi James,

No. Do NOT specify USERID=NONE on any of the nodes registrations.
I recommend letting it take the default if you are using the
TSM Server admin client (dsmadmc). In other words,
do NOT specify that optional parameter (USERID=NONE).

If you are using the admin GUI, I have heard that it
defaults to USERID=NONE in certain cases. Just make sure
it does not do this.

If you start seeing RC=53... then it's probably wrong.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 02/17/2011
02:43:40 PM:

>> From: James Choate <jchoate AT CHOOSES1 DOT COM>
>> To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
>> Date: 02/17/2011 02:46 PM
>> Subject: Re: TDP for Mail Exchange 2010 error (ACN0515E Invalid
DSMAGENT )
>> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
>>
>> Del,
>> I am in the process of updating the BA client to 6.2.2 and
>> rebooting the client.
>>
>> One question I have relates to the userid=none parameter as
>> referenced in the TDP install guide:
>>         Register your Data Protection for Exchange node name and
>> password with the
>>         Tivoli Storage Manager register node command. For example: For
VSS
>>         operations, this node is the Target Node. Note that when
>> registering nodes to
>>         the Tivoli Storage Manager server specifically for VSS
>> operations, do not
>>         specify the Tivoli Storage Manager USerid=NONE parameter.
>> VSS operations
>>         will fail when this parameter is specified.
>>
>> It states do not specifiy userid=none....... I usually do not
>> specify a userid, but rather let the userid be the same as the node
>> that I have registered.
>>
>> My question is do I need to specify userid=NONE for the node on
>> which the BA client is installed?
>>

>> According to what David had sent to me right before your post, it said:
>>
>> 1.Register TDP for Exchange Node
>>                 Register Node NODE_A xxxxxxxx Domain=STANDARD
>> Contact='' Cloptset='OptionSetName' BackDelete=Yes MAXNUMMP=2
KeepMP=Yes