ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange 2007 Restore Problem

2011-02-02 15:34:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange 2007 Restore Problem
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 15:33:26 -0500
Bill,

I suspect it has to do with the fact that something isn't quite right
with the AD in your standalone environment and there is a mismatch
with GUIDS. Try this article to see if it helps:
        http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824126
It is for Exchange 2003, but the concepts are similar.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 02/02/2011
11:37:15 AM:

>> From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
>> To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
>> Date: 02/02/2011 11:37 AM
>> Subject: Exchange 2007 Restore Problem
>> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
>>
>> OK. I have a customer that upgraded to Exchange2010 from Exchange2007
and
>> the new backups are running just fine. I started those backups to a
separate
>> storage pool from the 2007 data. Now they need some restores from the
2007
>> backups, but the original Exchange2007 server doesn't exist any more.
As
>> part of the upgrade to 2010 they had to uninstall 2007 on that server
and
>> then they shut it down and reloaded it for another file server.
>>
>> So..we rebuilt the Exchange 2007 server in an isolated VMware
environment,
>> defined the storage groups and databases exactly the way they were
>> originally. Got the information from TSM. I can do the restore and the
logs
>> show as applying successfully, but then everything starts to fail. This
is
>> being done to the RSG.
>>
>> The first error in the event log is ID: 9638 "Function
'EcGetRecoveryDbGuid'
>> failed with error 0x8004010f. " I get absolutely no hits doing a Google
>> search on that function. That's followed by another ID: 9638: "Function
>> 'ErrESECBRestoreComplete' failed with error 0xc7fe1f42. " Then an
ID:904
>> from ESE BACKUP "Information Store (1800) Callback function call
>> ErrESECBRestoreComplete ended with error 0xC7FE1F42 Database not
found."

>> I'm getting no where doing google searches. I've done a restore without
>> checking the recovery box and the log files and a RESTORE.ENV are in
the
>> TEMPLOGS directory. That works just fine. I can then run the ESEUTIL
/CC and
>> see that the log files apply just fine, but then failures above.
>>
>> Any help on this would be appreciated?
>>
>> Is there any link out there on doing a complete Exchange 2007 rebuild?
What