ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Centralised management of Policy domains

2011-01-31 11:58:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Centralised management of Policy domains
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT WINN-DIXIE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 11:56:13 -0500
I created a duplicate domain under a different name and migrated all
nodes to them one domain at a time.
Removed the old domains from the targeted "managed servers", added a
subscriber profile for just policy domains to my configuration manager,
replicated them to the managed servers, and finally moved the nodes
back.

Guess I could have went the route of creating the new managed domains
and moved the clients to them, but to not have to redo a lot of doco and
scripting I decided to take the extra steps and use the original domain
names.

I made sure that the temporary domains were configured the same as the
originals to avoid any data binding issues when their original domains
were deleted.

Hope that helps...

~Rick