ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM client node type & prepare

2011-01-26 15:01:41
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM client node type & prepare
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT WINN-DIXIE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:59:33 -0500
We are running TSM server 5.4.5.2 on Win32 and would like to use the
PREPARE process to store the DR plan files offsite, this would also
enable me to take advantage of the version control as detailed in the
DRMSTAT configuration.

I have two servers which I will call server A and server B, each are in
different geographical locations and backup their system drive and state
to each other. This means that obviously server A has a node registered
for Server B of the type "client" and vice-versa.

When I try to run the prepare process using a device class of server  it
fails because the node on the remote server is of the type "client"
instead of "server".  I would like to be able to schedule both
processes, backups as well as DR plan offsiting.

Will the backups continue to run properly if I change the client type to
"server"?  I didn't want to try it without querying the list as the
client does have historical data stored for the clients.

If anyone else has ran up against this issue feedback is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

R. Adamson

Jacksonville, Fl.