ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TS3310 and T038 Write Protect Message

2011-01-25 02:58:26
Subject: [ADSM-L] TS3310 and T038 Write Protect Message
From: BENSHADE <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 09:07:04 -0500
Hi,
I have not had our TS3310 long and I am still in the process of setting up and
testing with TSM. I have an issues where I get a T038 Drite Tape Alert 9 -
Write Protect, often when a tape is used (but not all tapes). TSM is happy and
does not complain, and it seems (not yet tested 100%) that the tapes are being
written to, so it is just the tape library giving the message.
I would like to know why and how to stop it/fix it?

BTW: The tapes 'tabs' are set in the rw position!

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Ben

The full report is
SR Serial Number: A0C0150A10
SR Problem Summary: T038 - Drive Tape Alert 9 - Write Protected
SR Error Code: 38
SR Severity: High
Fault code generic :0
Fault code specific :13
Element type generic:UDS-3 Media
Element Location :0,1
Tape Drive Serial Number :1068012322
VolSer : B00001L5
Logical Library : library_a
Fault description:All Tape Alerts posted-> 09

3576-MTL - SN xxxxxxxxxxx - High Priority Problem

REASON FOR AUTOMATED E-MAIL
RAS Status Changed
LibraryTime: 01/21/2011 06:26:12

TICKET SUMMARY
Ticket# 21
Name: T038 - Drive Tape Alert 9 - Write Protected
State: UnOpened
Created: Date: Fri Jan 21 06:26:12
Type: Interactive Diagnostics Required

ATTACHMENTS
Library snapshot:

REPAIR AND TROUBLESHOOTING INSTRUCTIONS
DR014generic

TICKET DETAILS
Fault code generic :0
Fault code specific :13
Element type generic:UDS-3 Media
Element Location :0,1
Tape Drive Serial Number :xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
VolSer : B00001L5
Logical Library : library_a
Fault description:All Tape Alerts posted-> 09

NETWORK DATA
Hostname: d06adts3
DHCP: disabled
IP Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx