ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Client domain statement exclude not working as expected

2011-01-20 17:20:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Client domain statement exclude not working as expected
From: "Huebschman, George J." <gjhuebschman AT LEGGMASON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 17:19:40 -0500
Andy, Richard, and all others,
1. THANKS for the instruction and advice.
2. I don't want to abuse the list or its members.  I think the exclude
fix will work, even though it is not perfection (I know your admonition
about "good enough").  This is just an exercise to determine why the
correct method didn't work as expected.

You may note that a different Client version is in use now.  My
co-worker upgraded this to address problems with memory allocation
(ANS1030E).

1 & 2 follow below
3 - My coworker and I have restarted the service repeatedly
today...while that could have been the problem, this had been working a
week ago.  This drive HAD to be excluded, because when it was
"successfully" backing up data it was blowing up the recovery log and DB
by itself.  In some respects it is like an HP Polyserve PSFS filesystem.
So you may ask, what changed?  We are not sure.

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient>dsmcutil list

TSM Windows NT Client Service Configuration Utility
Command Line Interface - Version 6, Release 1, Level 3.5
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 2010, All Rights Reserved.
Last Updated Jul 25 2010
TSM Api Version 6.1.3

Command: List Installed TSM Client Services
Machine: NODENAME(Local Machine)
Installed TSM Client Services:
   1. TSM Central Scheduler
1 TSM Client Service was located.
C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient>dsmcutil query /name:'TSM Central
Schedule
'
TSM Windows NT Client Service Configuration Utility
Command Line Interface - Version 6, Release 1, Level 3.5
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 2010, All Rights Reserved.
Last Updated Jul 25 2010
TSM Api Version 6.1.3

Command: Query TSM Client Service Parameters
Machine: NODENAME(Local Machine)
Connecting to service 'TSM Central Scheduler' ...
Service Configuration/Status:
Service Name   : TSM Central Scheduler
Image Path     : "C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmcsvc.exe"
Logon Account  : ...blanked...
Start Type     : Auto
Current Status : Started

TSM Client Service Registry Settings:

Client Service Type = Client Scheduler Service
Options file        = C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt
TSM Client Node     = NODENAME
Event Logging       = YES
Comm Protocol       = (value not currently set)
Server              = (value not currently set)
Server Port         = (value not currently set)
Schedule Log        = C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmsched.log
Error Log           = C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmerror.log
Cluster Enabled     = (value not currently set)
Cluster Name        = (value not currently set)

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient>