ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Client domain statement exclude not working as expected

2011-01-20 16:19:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Client domain statement exclude not working as expected
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 16:17:09 -0500
I suggest using dsmcutil to check the scheduler services:

1. Run

   dsmcutil list

to query for a list of installed services. I expect you have only one
scheduler service, but in general good to make sure that is the case.

2. For scheduler service xxx in the output from (1) above, run

   dsmcutil query /name:"xxxx"

to be *certain* it isn't using a different client options file.

3. Unless you are *certain* you stopped and restarted the scheduler *after*
modifying the DOMAIN statement, stop and restart again and see if that
makes any difference.

If you are still coming up empty on this, then I suggest contacting IBM
technical support for further assistance.

Best regards,

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2011-01-20
16:02:31: