ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Client domain statement exclude not working as expected

2011-01-20 15:17:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Client domain statement exclude not working as expected
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 15:16:40 -0500
Hello George,

In order to prevent Y: from being backed up as part of the regular
incremental backup process, it should be sufficient to simply specify the
DOMAIN statement as you have done:

   DOMAIN ALL-LOCAL -Y:

It should not be necessary to add EXCLUDE statements for this.

Possibilities that come to mind:

- The scheduler service is configured to use a different client options
files than the one you updated.

- The schedule definition on the TSM server has a non-blank OBJECTS setting
that includes Y:, e.g.,:

   DEF SCH ... ACTION=INCREMENTAL OBJECTS="C: Y:"

In this case, the OBJECTS setting overrides the DOMAIN setting.

If you *were* to use EXCLUDE statements to prevent backup of files on Y:
then this would be better:

=====================================
* Suppress backup of files in the root of Y:
EXCLUDE Y:\*

* Suppress traversal and backup of all directories on Y:
EXCLUDE.DIR Y:\*
=====================================

But again, these should be entirely unnecessary.

Best regards,

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2011-01-20
12:41:30: