ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Memory usage issues with "traditional scheduler service" on Windows

2011-01-07 09:45:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Memory usage issues with "traditional scheduler service" on Windows
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 09:43:15 -0500
Hi Zoltan,

Are you finding that the dsmcsvc.exe memory usage is spiking during TSM
operations? Or are you saying that after each successive operation, when
the service is idle, you see the amount of used memory creeping up on a
daily basis?

If the service starts an operation, spikes memory, then goes back down when
the operation is done, and you do not see the memory usage creeping up
(when idle) day by day, then there is no leak as such. However, if you are
seeing the memory usage creeping up when the service is idle, then please
open a PMR so we can investigate if indeed you are experiencing a memory
leak. I also suggest verifying that you are on a current code level, in
case the problem you are seeing has already been resolved.

If I have misunderstood the nature of the problem, please clarify.

Best regards,

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2011-01-03
16:08:38:

> From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
> To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
> Date: 2011-01-03 16:09