ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Memory usage issues with "traditional scheduler service" on Windows

2011-01-05 15:58:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Memory usage issues with "traditional scheduler service" on Windows
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 15:57:14 -0500
>> On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 16:08:38 -0500, Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT
>> EDU> said:

> You can read this here:
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6r2/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itsm.client.doc/t_cfg_schdcad.html

> This sounds like a cop-out to address memory leaks.

It's not a "leak", per se.  It's a "Never give it back".  i.e. the
scheduler process space grows and doesn't shrink. :) It doesn't grow
without bounds; I've had machines with the scheduler run smoothly for
more than a year, with the scheduler eating a gob of memory
permanently.

> How many of you "restart the scheduler service periodically to free system
> resources"?

I'll echo "use the CAD".  It is straightforward.

- Allen S. Rout