ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Why won't objects show up as expected for Restore?

2011-01-05 10:18:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Why won't objects show up as expected for Restore?
From: "Huebschman, George J." <gjhuebschman AT LEGGMASON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 10:14:25 -0500
Charles,
"... or a user with admin auth on the TSM server," That is the case.  We
have an account for TSM to run backups.  The TSM Admins have the same
admin authority as that account.

Richard, I had done a q fi with these results:
tsm> q fi
  #     Last Incr Date      Type    File Space Name
---     --------------      ----    ---------------
  1   00/00/0000 00:00:00   NTFS    \\TargetClient\c$
  2   00/00/0000 00:00:00   NTFS
\\TargetClient\c$\mountpoints\PolySrvFS01\sqldump

When I used FSID 1, I found all the objects.
When I used the full FSID 2, I found only the older objects.
When I used a partial FSID 2, up to just after the Polyserve filesystem
name, I found all the objects.
tsm> restore -pi -ina -su=y \\TargetClient\c$\MountPoints\PolySrvFS01\*

Also, I tried curly braces around the filesystem name.  I must have had
a syntax error though because I received, "ANS1081E Invalid search file
specification".  I didn't read before I tried it.  I got it to work
today.  But then again, it doesn't show yesterday morning's backups. (It
shows those done in December and then in the afternoon yesterday, Jan
4.)

These backups were done by different users; TSM, Admin B, and Admin A.
I think that even though they are all supposed to be identical in terms
of authority, it has something to do with that.

IMPORTANT:  E-mail sent through the Internet is not secure. Legg Mason
therefore recommends that you do not send any confidential or sensitive
information to us via electronic mail, including social security numbers,
account numbers, or personal identification numbers. Delivery, and or timely
delivery of Internet mail is not guaranteed. Legg Mason therefore recommends
that you do not send time sensitive
or action-oriented messages to us via electronic mail.

This message is intended for the addressee only and may contain privileged or
confidential information. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not
use, copy or disclose to anyone any information contained in this message. If
you have received this message in error, please notify the author by replying
to this message and then kindly delete the message. Thank you.