ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] System statebackup

2010-12-16 11:58:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] System statebackup
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT WINN-DIXIE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:54:06 -0500
I have had recent issues with this as well. After researching it and the
I found there are various methods to handle this problem. In no specific
order; 1) edit the file reference out of the registry, 2) reinstall or
copy the missing file from another server and place it into the location
where the backup is looking for it, 3) create a "dummy" file for the one
missing using the exact name and location, 4) upgrade the TSM client
(see link below). Since editing the registry of production servers was
not an attractive option I went with the second option as recommended
from Microsoft and TSM. Once we are out of our "change blackout" during
the holiday season I will go back and upgrade the clients.

Hope this helps...here is a link to a posted IBM-TSM doc.

~Rick