ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] System statebackup

2010-12-16 11:25:22
Subject: [ADSM-L] System statebackup
From: duholm <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 06:13:53 -0500
Hi All

I have a problem with TSM and system statebackup.

In the last couple of weeks we have exprienced an increase in the number of
backup with warnings in the system state backup. The system state writer cannot
find a certain file. When I look for the file it does not exits. So there is a
reason why, the system state writer cannot find it. However how do I recreate
the list of files, that the system writer backups up, so I don't get this error.

At the moment I put the line SKIPMISSINGSYSWFILES YES into the option file and
that seems to work. However, thats a workaround and not a solution. Maybe this
is the only way for the backup to succeed successfully.

I hope someone out there can help me  :D

Regards
Bo