ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] tsm question

2010-12-04 15:54:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] tsm question
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 21:53:08 +0100
IMNSHO, archives are for lawyers, backups are for disasters.

anything that could be relevant for a lawsuit should be archived with proper
retention settings anyway.

After the fact, your backups are worthless anyway, since all data has already
been lost or mutilated between the moment that your company has committed the
act that's it's being sued over, and the moment your company is actually being
sued.

That being said, I'd just buy a whole bunch of tapes, eject the copypool and
the relevant database backup tape and recreate the copypool. Then, using a new
TSM server, restore database, mark the primary pools destroyed and restore all
relevant data from copypool tapes.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post