ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] What is "Days between backups field" in Admin Center/ISC/TIP

2010-12-02 16:55:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] What is "Days between backups field" in Admin Center/ISC/TIP
From: Nicholas Rodolfich <NRodolfich AT CMAONTHEWEB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 15:52:13 -0600
Thanks for you help Rick,

I normally see this set to 0. So does 0 mean no restrictions? (i.e - it can
be backup up as many times in a day as wanted)

   You said "Say it is set to 1 day then those clients cannot perform
   backups
   more than once a day."

This seems strange to me since this parameter refers to a management class,
and a management class does not refer to clients, it refers to a specific
file space or directory or file(s). How can it prevent a backup from
occurring on a client? Maybe, the files that the management class binding
calls out can only be backed up once a day?

Thanks Again Rick!

Regards,

Nicholas

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 12/02/2010
03:15:35 PM: