ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Antwort: [ADSM-L] LanFree very low performance

2010-11-23 09:10:57
Subject: [ADSM-L] Antwort: [ADSM-L] LanFree very low performance
From: Ullrich Mänz <umaenz AT FUM DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 15:09:09 +0100
Hi peppix,

you are using incremental backup for an offline database backup. I wonder,
how you deal with 5 tape drives. Normally, backup incremental is using one
session per mountpoint. set max. number of mountpoints in node definition
for parallelism.

The throughput reported is ok for single session backup via LAN, It is
slow for a large file backup via LANfree for a completely fibre channel
based RAID system, but acceptable for SATA storage.

Have a look at your storage environment and node definitions with respect
to the directory layout of the database environment.

regards
Ulli

- - - - - - - -
Ullrich Mänz
System-Integration

FRITZ & MACZIOL Software und Computervertrieb GmbH
Ludwig Str. 180D, 63067 Offenbach, Germany

Mobil:
+49 170 7678434
Fax:
+49 69 38013500 10
Web:
http://www.fum.de

Amtsgericht Ulm, Handelsregister-Nummer: HRB 1936
Geschäftsführer: Heribert Fritz, Oliver Schallhorn, Frank Haines
Inhaber: Imtech N.V., Gouda, Niederlande
Referenzen finden Sie auf unserer Website, Rubrik 'News'.