ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Having problem generating TDP Exchange scheduler in cluster

2010-11-19 13:12:05
Subject: [ADSM-L] Having problem generating TDP Exchange scheduler in cluster
From: cc1702004 <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 13:11:06 -0500
Hi,

Sorry, I just copy and paste quickly the sample and made some misallignment in
my sample. The clusternode command is in separate line in the dsm.opt file and
the node and password is correct (I just use different name in the sample
command). I have installed client scheduler and CAD services in the physical
node to backup cluster drives using the same set of dsmcutil command and there
is no issue. Only issue is when trying to generate the TDP Exchange scheduler
in the cluster environment.

Anyway, the TSM client in the server is 5.5.3 and the TDP Exchange is 6.1.0. Do
you think this could be the cause? Is there a need for the TSM client and TDP
exchange to be on the same version?

Funny thing is on a standalone Windows server, installed with standalone
Exchange server, I have no problem installing the TDP exchange scheduler. In
the standalone environment, I also used TSM client version 5.5.3 and TDP
Exchange 6.1.0. I only hit the problem when setting up the TDP exchange in the
cluster environment.

Thanks