ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] bu single dir

2010-11-15 09:34:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] bu single dir
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 09:33:35 -0500
You definitely do not want to use different options files with different
include/exclude lists. EXCLUDE and EXCLUDE.DIR are not intended to "exclude
files sometimes but not always". Rather, they are intended for the case
where you do not need backups for the files at all.

One better approach is to bind these files to a management class with a
nonzero FREQUENCY value (and probably higher than '1', make it something
like '7'), then schedule a separate SELECTIVE backup for the directory in
question. This way, if the files are backed up daily by the SELECTIVE, the
FREQUENCY setting will prevent them from being backed up during INCREMENTAL
processing.

Best regards,

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2010-11-14
04:25:47: