ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] VMware backup questions

2010-11-11 10:53:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] VMware backup questions
From: "Prather, Wanda" <wPrather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:49:00 +0000
>>So we can back up the VDR backup store to TSM for offsite/DR purposes.
What about restores?  do we have to restore the whole VDR storage to a
point in time in order to run a restore where TSM has a longer retention
than VDR?

As far as I know, yes.

>>Can we just restore a part of it and if so how do we
determine which part?

As far as I know, no.

>>Other than offsite/DR I can't see much point in backing up the VDR data
store at all unless you can do more with it.

Agreed.
I was suggesting putting the VDR repository on tape only for folks who have a
requirement to use tape at their DR sites.