ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] VMware backup questions

2010-11-11 03:39:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] VMware backup questions
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 21:38:40 +1300
Hi Wanda, interesting post

So we can back up the VDR backup store to TSM for offsite/DR purposes.
What about restores?  do we have to restore the whole VDR storage to a
point in time in order to run a restore where TSM has a longer retention
than VDR?  Can we just restore a part of it and if so how do we
determine which part?

Other than offsite/DR I can't see much point in backing up the VDR data
store at all unless you can do more with it.

Regards

Steve.

Steven Harris
TSM Admin