ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Restore TSM server to Win 2008

2010-11-10 00:51:09
Subject: [ADSM-L] Restore TSM server to Win 2008
From: Gibin <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 00:49:39 -0500
I have  done the TSM server V6.2.1 ( Win2008) restore  using the TSM DB backup
from our production  TSM server ( Win 2003).

But faced some strange problem wherein the active log directory points to wrong
location as to defined in dsmserv.opt .

error seen after TSM db restore completes :
ANR4655W the restore DB is completed and active log directory has been changed
by DB2 from F:\Active_log to C:\SERVER1\NODE0000\SQL00001\SQLOGDIR\

i was able to find a work-around  for this in the IBM site .

But still some problem remains , my archive log location points to a
non-existent location as to the one defined in my dsmserv.opt . i was able to
check this u using db2 cmd : db2 => get db cfg

 Any clue ,how to get this redefined to proper location ??