ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] API for TSM Admin commands

2010-11-08 14:14:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] API for TSM Admin commands
From: Frank Fegert <fra.nospam.nk AT GMX DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 17:08:51 +0100
On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 11:49:32AM +0100, Maurice van 't Loo wrote:
> But i don't want another grafical tool, but just a small tool like
> dsmadmc but with several small thinks solved. Like the comma in
> session and process numbers (hard to simply copy/paste) and the way
> tables are viewed.
> Plus for instance some extra commands to show things you normaly use
> scripts for.
>
> I also want to have it as I use it in Putty but in Windows, as the
> dsmadmc for windows is *** compared with the unix version.

Just an idea, but if you're familiar with Perl you could script
a frontend for dsmadmc. It would have to just pass through the
input commands to dsmadmc, but capture the output and reformat
it to your liking.
I use something similar to only capture the output of "dsmadmc
-consolemode", supress some of the annoying stuff and color high-
light the more important messages. It's a derivative of a script
that has been posted on the list a while ago.

Best regards,

    Frank