ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SV: Restore TSM server to Win 2008

2010-11-04 03:28:30
Subject: [ADSM-L] SV: Restore TSM server to Win 2008
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 07:22:42 +0000
Hi Gibs,
When you move from old HW to new HW so can you change

* Hostname
* IP
* Database struckture
* Paths for Active Log, Archive Logs and Fail-Over Archive Logs.
* Size

Pretty much everything.
But when TSM starts it will search for your Storage Pools and fail, but that is
the same when you restored any older version of ADSM and TSM.

But remember to disable GUID. When I moved I didn't need to disable IP check
that Bill needed.

Good Luck.

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson
Supported Platform for CPU2TSM::
http://www.cristie.se/cpu2tsm-supported-platforms