ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Define client option set syntax, something's not working correctly

2010-11-03 15:59:43
Subject: [ADSM-L] Define client option set syntax, something's not working correctly
From: "Moyer, Joni M" <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 15:58:25 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to add an include statement for a systemstate for a windows client.
 I want it to be associated to the mcnolim14d management class.

I did the following command: define clientopt windows inclexcl
'include.systemstate ALL mcnolim14d'

But I don't think it is working correctly as the output of the dsmc query
inclexcl looks as follows and I don't see the management class associated with
the statement.

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?  Thanks in advance!

Windows Client Option Set on the TSM Server
Option: INCLEXCL
Sequence number: 0
Use Option Set Value (FORCE): No
Option Value: EXCLUDE.DIR "C:\WINDOWS\ADCAgent"

Option: INCLEXCL
Sequence number: 1
Use Option Set Value (FORCE): No
Option Value: Exclude.Dir "C:\Program Files\System Center"

Option: INCLEXCL
Sequence number: 2
Use Option Set Value (FORCE): Yes
Option Value: include.systemstate ALL mcnolim14d

Option: RESOURCEUTILIZATION
Sequence number: 0
Use Option Set Value (FORCE): Yes
Option Value: 2

Output of dsmc q inclexcl
*** FILE INCLUDE/EXCLUDE ***
Mode Function Pattern (match from top down) Source File
---- --------- ------------------------------ -----------------
Excl Directory C:\Program Files\System Center Server
Excl Directory C:\WINDOWS\ADCAgent Server
Excl Directory *\...\.TsmCacheDir TSM
Excl Directory c:\Windows\system32\microsoft\protect Operating System
Excl Directory C:\Windows\winsxs Operating System
Excl Directory C:\Windows\system32\wbem\repository Operating System
Excl Directory C:\Windows\system32\LogFiles\WMI\RtBackup Operating System
Excl Directory C:\Windows\system32\DriverStore Operating System
Excl Directory C:\Windows\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE
} Operating System
Excl Directory C:\Windows\system32\CatRoot\{127D0A1D-4EF2-11D1-8608-00C04FC295EE
} Operating System
Excl Directory C:\Windows\system32\CatRoot2\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295E
E} Operating System
Excl Directory C:\Windows\system32\CatRoot2\{127D0A1D-4EF2-11D1-8608-00C04FC295E
E} Operating System
Excl Directory C:\Windows\servicing\packages Operating System
Excl Directory C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microso
ft\SoftwareLicensing Operating System
Excl Directory C:\Windows\Registration Operating System
Excl Directory C:\Windows\assembly Operating System
Excl Directory C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Network\Downloader Operating System
Excl Directory C:\programdata\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys Operating System
Excl Directory C:\adsm.sys Operating System
Excl Directory *\$Recycle.Bin dsm.opt
Excl Directory *\Recycler dsm.opt
Excl Directory *\Recycled dsm.opt
Excl Directory *\...\Temporary Internet Files dsm.opt
Excl Directory *\System Volume Information dsm.opt
Include SystemState ALL Server
Exclude Archive *\dsmthreshmig.bin Operating System
Exclude Archive *\dsmrecon.bin Operating System
Exclude All *\dsmthreshmig.bin Operating System
Exclude All *\dsmrecon.bin Operating System
Exclude All C:\Windows\usrclass.dat.log Operating System
Exclude All C:\Windows\usrclass.dat Operating System
Exclude All C:\Windows\system32\smi\store\machine\schema.dat.log Operating