ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Strange Behaviour: backup STG <primary storage pool >

2010-11-02 02:05:41
Subject: [ADSM-L] Strange Behaviour: backup STG <primary storage pool >
From: "Lakshminarayanan, Rajesh" <Rajesh.Lakshminarayanan AT DFS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 14:04:25 +0800
Hi,

    When I trigger "backup stg <primary stg pool> <Tape copy stg pool>
maxproc=2" command I see two processes getting submitted to backup the
primary storage pool (Disk dev class) to my tape copy pool.

    After a while one of the processes gets completed normally while the
other keeps running for a while till it fully creates a copy in the
secondary storage pool (copy).

    I use MAXPROC=2, to speed up my work, but I don't see that
happening. I don't have any issues with the mount point. I have the
needful tape mount point available during this backup.

    It would be great if some one can share your exp. Or is it a bug
with TSM.

  My environment details:

TSM: 5.4.1.2 (tsm server running in aix 6 TL5).

Regards,

Rajesh