ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Change rate performance question

2010-10-26 17:11:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Change rate performance question
From: David McClelland <tsm AT NETWORKC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:09:27 +0100
If you're using Windows or Linux, have you considered what the TSM FastBack
product offers in this area? Its block-level incremental-forever volume
snapshot backups and instant mount/instant restores may be of appeal to users
suffering from traditional backup issues associated with file/print/millions of
objects per filesystem. A downside is that it would require another piece of
infrastructure (i.e., a TSM FastBack Server) but there are increasingly strong
integration points with the core TSM Server product in recent releases. Take a
look here for a datasheet/overview if you're interested:
ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/common/ssi/ecm/en/tid14022usen/TID14022USEN_HR.PDF
David Mc
London, UK