ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Lousy performance on new 6.2.1.1 server with SAN/FILEDEVCLASS storage

2010-10-21 13:39:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Lousy performance on new 6.2.1.1 server with SAN/FILEDEVCLASS storage
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:38:35 -0400
This is RedHat Linux 5.5

From:
Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To:
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date:
10/21/2010 01:24 PM
Re: [ADSM-L] Lousy performance on new 6.2.1.1 server with SAN/FILEDEVCLASS
storage
Sent by:

for AIX:

lsattr -l hdiskX -> look foor the queue_depth field values between 20 and
64 make sense, 128 in some extreme cases
chdev -l hdiskX -a queue_depth=Y (but only if the vg is off-line)

I found that some drives only support a queue_depth of 1... in that case,
you found your bottleneck.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post