ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] fastest delete backup syntax

2010-10-15 02:57:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] fastest delete backup syntax
From: "Meunier, Yann" <yann.meunier AT CAISSEDESDEPOTS DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 08:20:40 +0200
Hi Keith,

Why you don't make your delete with the administrative command line ?
This is more effective ! :)
But, it's will work only if your filesystem is a "mount point" (Net share/Unix
File System ...)

Be carefull with the option deltype ! You delete Backup versions and Archive
verions of your data

It seems to me that the option -wait=yes|no is only for the administrative
command lines.

In administrative command lines :
delete file NODENAME FILESPACENAME type=BA|AR|ANY
(BA=BAckup|AR=Archive|ANY=Default)
Or
Delete filespace NODENAME NUMBEROFFSID nametype=FSID type=BA|AR|ANY
(BA=BAckup|AR=Archive|ANY=Default) (More secure !)

Best regards,

Yann MEUNIER