ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] IC65890: running windows xp and tsm client 6.2.1

2010-10-08 08:52:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] IC65890: running windows xp and tsm client 6.2.1
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 08:51:49 -0400
Hi Gary,

The version 6.2 fix for this APAR is targeted for fix pack 6.2.2 in
December. The usual caveat applies: until the fixing level is actually
available, this information is subject to change. The workaround is to
exclude the event logs from the system object backup by adding this to your
client options file:

   exclude.systemobject eventlog

While this will not affect the ability to restore the systemobject, the
viability of this workaround depends on the criticality of Windows XP event
logs to your organization.

The fix is currently available in the 5.5.3 client, but reverting to 5.5
would also be tedious: it would require uninstalling 6.2.1, installing
5.5.3, renaming the node name to something else, recreating the original
node name again, and starting backups again from scratch.

Best regards,

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2010-10-08
08:33:00: