ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] tsm question

2010-10-07 17:28:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] tsm question
From: Marcel Anthonijsz <marcel AT ANTHONIJSZ DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 23:27:30 +0200
We were once told to hold ALL data of ALL our TSM servers. We put _all_ copy
pool tapes and DBbackups (2 for each server) in the archive, together with
the printed planfiles. Next we had to order that amount of scratch of
course... We made a very happy media supplier that year.... I dare not to
mention the amount of tapes, but it was a wall full of LTO1. I don't work at
that company anymore, but I think it's still stored in the archive as no one
dares to get rid of them.

I hope the admins have put some spare LTO1/LTO2/LTO3 drives on the shelve as
well, as LTO4 drives cannot read them anymore. And don't mention the reqd
software levels, OS's, SAP software etc..

--
Kind Regards, Groetje,

Marcel Anthonijsz
T: +31(0)299-776768