ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] RESTORE HELP

2010-10-07 08:21:43
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] RESTORE HELP
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 08:19:29 -0400
On Oct 7, 2010, at 8:10 AM, Timothy Hughes wrote:

> On 10/6/2010 8:09 PM, Richard Sims wrote:
>> Don't use the GUI for major restorals - performance suffers.
>> Use -Virtualnodename for CLI-based cross-nodename operations, as described
>> in the client manual.
>>
>>     Richard Sims
> Thanks Richard! I found the option in the Unix/Linux manual I am
> assuming it the same procedure in Solaris?
>
> I am assuming it will prompt for ID password before restore

Solaris is Unix - common procedure.
You can let it prompt, or more readily enter -PASsword=______ on the command
line.
Remember that you can "practice" first via a 'dsmc query backup' using those
options to verify locating the source files in TSM.  That's always healthy,
before proceeding with restore invocation.

   Richard