ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] How to run a command for a Mac client

2010-10-07 07:58:02
Subject: [ADSM-L] How to run a command for a Mac client
From: "Minns, Farren - Chichester" <fminns AT WILEY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 12:56:53 +0100
Hi all, I wonder if you can help.

I need to schedule a Mac client to do a daily incrbydate backup.

On the client I have created a file called daily-incrbydate.sh with the single
line "dsmc incremental -incrbydate" in.

If I run this directly it works fine, but when I try to create a schedule on
the server to reference this script it does not and I don't know why.

The schedule looks as follows:-

Policy Domain Name: STANDARD
                 Schedule Name: MACSERVERS
                        Action: Command
                       Objects: /Server HD/Applications/Tivoli Storage
Manager/scripts/daily-incrbydate.sh

The error I see in the log are ANS5190E and ANS1512E

Any ideas?

Regards

Farren

John Wiley & Sons Limited is a private limited company registered in England
with registered number 641132.
Registered office address: The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West Sussex,
United Kingdom. PO19 8SQ.