ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Copypool storage pool questions

2010-10-06 20:33:48
Subject: [ADSM-L] Copypool storage pool questions
From: Paul_Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 11:00:07 +1100
Each weekday morning we run the following command "backup stg BKPLTO4POOL
COPYPOOL_LTO3" to backup the data that has been backed up overnight onto LTO3
tapes and then checkout these LTO3 tapes and send them offsite. I have a
reclaimation process running on a daily basis for the COPYPOOL_LTO3 storage
pool. However this process is using up scratch tapes that are within the tape
library at an alarming rate and I am starting to run low on scratch tapes.

Am I doing something wrong?

Should there be a daily reclaimation process running on this offsite tape
storage pool?

Should these COPYPOOL_LTO3 tapes which are in the tape library be sent offsite
as well as the ones that are sent offsite on a daily basis?

What would happen if I deleted the data on one of these COPYPOOL_LTO3 tapes
which are currently in the tape library?

Thanks & Regards

Paul

Paul Dudley

Senior IT Systems Administrator

ANL Container Line Pty Limited

Email:  <mailto:pdudley AT anl.com DOT au> pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.