ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] tivoli.tivguid

2010-10-05 06:01:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] tivoli.tivguid
From: Wolfgang J Moeller <moeller AT GWDG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 12:00:08 +0200
David E Ehresman asked:

> Does anyone know where I can download fileset tivoli.tivguid  1.3.2.1
> for AIX 5.3?

Good question ... I've got it installed (plus the kit :-)
but can't fathom where it's from. I'm sure I picked it up
together with some TSM client, but the last one I find now
is tivoli.tivguid 1.2.0.0 packaged with the 5.2.4.0 client.

On the other hand, I notice that there are no "dependents"
of this kit anymore (with 5.5 TSM clients).

At least on other UNIX platforms, the client installation
lately seems to be able to create a GUID, without the kits
containing a "tivguid" component (which they did up to 5.2).

Best regards,

        Wolfgang J. Moeller <moeller AT gwdg DOT de>

Tel. +49 551 201-1516 ... not representing ... GWDG, Goettingen, Germany