ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] [adsm] TSM and XIV

2010-10-01 10:21:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] [adsm] TSM and XIV
From: Orville Lantto <olantto AT EMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 10:20:47 -0400
We have full XIV and use 10 TB of it for TSM storage pools.  The rest of the
XIV is allocated to an SVC for general host use and is fairly busy.  The
default max block size of the hdisk and fibre card is sufficient as is the
default queue depth of the fibre cards.  The default queue depth of the hdisk
is 1 which is limiting.  I have mine set to 40.  This can only be done is you
are at a recent enough AIX level and XIV drivers.

Orville Lantto