ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Unable to backup NFS share with 5.2.4.0 Client

2010-10-01 09:12:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Unable to backup NFS share with 5.2.4.0 Client
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 09:11:39 -0400
On Oct 1, 2010, at 4:14 AM, Geert Schepers wrote:

> Hello Richard,
>
> When I perform the command the incremental backup is working fine. Before
> this I only see the message: "isFileNameValid: Invalid file name
> favicon.ico - file type not allowed.' in the dsmerror.log now I see some
> error messages about unrecognised symbols.
> I am sure that my script for the scheduled backup is not correct in the
> dsm.sys file to make the incremental backup work with the NFS share.
>
> The line for a backup to exclude a file system is: 'domain ALL-LOCAL
> -/filesystem' in the manuals I see no option to include a file system. Is
> it:   'domain ALL-LOCAL /filesystem' ?

Geert -

The DOMain syntax is to simply list the file systems to be included in
incremental backups.  More than one DOMain statement may appear in the options
file: it is an additive option.

Remember that if you are running client schedules via 'dsmc schedule' instead
of CAD, the prevailing dsmc process will not see any changes made to the client
options file: the process needs to be restarted to operate under changed
specifications.

The "unrecognized symbols" thing is a locale issue that all Linux
administrators face, preventing the backup of some files.  Search on that
string in http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts for how I dealt with it.

    Richard Sims