ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Exchange 6.1.2

2010-10-01 09:05:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Exchange 6.1.2
From: Adrian Compton <acompton AT ASPENPHARMA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 15:04:18 +0200
Hi Del,,

Its making more sense as you and I chat.
There is a 47GB data store, BUT!!!!! 57000 x 1GB log files... I presume this is
why the integrity check is taking so long.
Circular logging is off as well.

I presume I should turn the circular logging on, to reduce the number of log
files and then after first successful backup we could turn it on again, as the
Exchange admin is adamant it should be on?

Being the TSM admin to make this work I am caught between a rock and a hard
place so to speak..

Regards

Adrian Compton
Group IT Infrastructure
Aspen Pharmacare
8 Gibaud Street, Korsten, Port Elizabeth, 6014
P O Box 4002
Korsten
Port Elizabeth
6014
Switchboard Tel No: +27 (0) 41 407 2111   Direct Tel No: +27 (0) 41 407 2855
Fax:+27 (0) 41 453 7452    Cell:+27 (0) 82 861 7745

This email is solely for the named addressee.  Any unauthorized use or
interception of this email, or the review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon the contents of this
email, by persons or entities other than the intended recipient, is prohibited.
If you are not the named addressee please notify us immediately by way of a
reply e-mail, and also delete this email and any attached files.

Disclaimer:  You must scan this email and any attached files for viruses and/or
any other defects.  Aspen accepts no liability for any loss, damages or
consequence, whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic, however
caused, and whether by negligence or otherwise, which may result directly or
indirectly from this communication or of any attached files.