ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ACN5759W with TDP for Exchange when using RSG

2010-09-30 10:22:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ACN5759W with TDP for Exchange when using RSG
From: Andreas Priebe <andreas.priebe AT PROMOS-CONSULT DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 16:19:57 +0200
Hi,

we are trying to restore a mailbox to Exchange 2003 using the
recovery storage group (RSG) feature.

The RSG is not mounted, the two other SGs are mounted.

When we start recovery via the DP-GUII I get a ACN5759W warning:
"At least one of the databases that is selected for restore is
mounted. Do you want to dismount the database(s)?"

This seems confusing, as the manual says in Appendix A:

"The Data Protection for Exchange GUI will display a text message to
remind you that all mailbox database restores will go to the Recovery
Storage Group if a Recovery Storage Group exists."

Instead it gives us the ACN5759W - so we are afraid that
we destroy our storage group and decided to abort the recovery.

Versions used: DP for Exchange is 5.2.1, TSM is 5.4

It was just my fault :-(

The manual says explicitly:
"Make sure that no public folders within the storage group are selected."

When you start marking the last needed INCRemental in the GUI, it marks the
publice folders from the FULL automatically.

Excluding the public folders from restore made the restore start
without any ANC messages.

We are now awaiting the 200 GB from tape - as of now we got already
about 15 GB into the RSG.

Greetings,

Andreas
--
------------------------------
Andreas Priebe

PROMOS consult Projektmanagement, Organisation und Service GmbH
Rungestraße 19
10179 Berlin
Telefon +49(0)30 24 31 17 - 613
Mobil   +49(0)151 52 72 89 13
Fax     +49(0)30 24 31 17 - 729
andreas.priebe AT promos-consult DOT de
www.openpromos.com

Besuchen Sie uns auf folgenden Veranstaltungen:

EXPO REAL
13. Internationale Fachmesse für Gewerbeimmobilien
04. - 06.10.2010, München

8. OpenPromos Anwenderforum
16. - 17.03.2011, Berlin

Für aktuelle Informationen über unsere Neuentwicklungen und Projekte bestellen
Sie unseren PROMOS-Newsletter!
http://www.openpromos.com/ger/kontakt/newsletter_anmeldung.php

PROMOS consult Projektmanagement, Organisation und Service GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 108478 B
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. Jens Kramer, Dipl.-Inf. Volker Schulz