ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Disabling automatic mount processes

2010-09-26 03:19:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Disabling automatic mount processes
From: Xav Paice <xpaice AT OSS.CO DOT NZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 20:18:15 +1300
----- "Skylar Thompson" <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU> wrote:

> Does disabling the library prevent library audits as well? Basically
> I'm
> trying to keep stuff from getting mounted and interfering with the
> audit.

Yes it would.

If you're doing an 'audit library' use the checklabel=barcode option to make it
a mile faster - otherwise it will mount each tape and read the header.  If
you're doing an audit from barcode it should be more of a 20 minute job than a
6 hour job (or more!).

You might consider a quick script to disable all schedules, admin and client,
as well as changing migration thresholds etc.  Also it might be wise to disable
client session for the duration if you want to be really sure.