ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Need to understand TSM restoration concept.

2010-09-25 04:37:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Need to understand TSM restoration concept.
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 08:36:20 +0000
Check the option "point in time"

Robert Ouzen
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] on behalf of
cc1702004 [tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM]
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2010 11:26 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Hello, I'm new to TSM. I've been doing some reading on this TSM progressive
incremental backup. My understanding with this backup, there is only one full
backup (the base) and then incremental after that. Suppose I've been backing up
a new server for 28th days, then I need to restore data backup on the 15th day,
how do I restore all the data? Sorry for asking as I'm used to the conventional
backup & restore method with Legato. Appreciate if someone can advice me.

Thanks

cc1702004