ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] MSG ANR4724E

2010-09-23 12:36:09
Subject: [ADSM-L] MSG ANR4724E
From: Nick Andrelli <Nick_Andrelli AT AO.USCOURTS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 12:33:38 -0400
I have an issue while backing up a Windows client.
I occasionally (about once every 3 weeks) receive the following message:
ANR4724E During the backup of node JDCDCA (10) filespace
JDCDCA\SystemState\NULL\System State\SystemState (1) a deletion activity
occurred. (SESSION: 66148)
We have two glaring configuration issues that we are working to correct,
but I wanted to see if anyone else had noticed something along these
lines.  Our problems are:
1.       Some recent network reconfiguration caused the backups on this
client to extend from less than 10 minutes to almost 4 hours (since
backups run through the midnight hours, they still completed within the
allotted window and no one paid attention to the extended duration). This
happened once before recently, but has been resolved (and we never
received ANR4724E on that system).
With a 4-hour backup window, it is entirely conceivable that something has
been deleted during that timespan, BUT?
However, we have 2 other Windows clients also caught up in the
re-configuration issue that run about the same 4-hour duration and have
never generated error message ANR4724E.
2.      The system times on the server and client differ by 10 minutes 32
seconds.  I don?t have access authority that would let me check the time
discrepancies between the server and the other clients.
As an old mainframe sysprog, 10 SECONDS difference between machines could
be disastrous, never mind 10 MINUTES.  Am I over-reacting to this
discrepancy?  Is it really a conceivable trouble point, or can TSM handle
it?
Since the problem is only sporadic, resolving both of these configuration
issues is no proof that either was the cause of the problem.  Even without
fixing them, we could go for another 3-4 weeks without seeing a problem.
But I?d appreciate finding out if anyone else has hit this type of
situation before.