ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tape and disk traffic in FCoE Adapters

2010-09-15 01:57:43
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tape and disk traffic in FCoE Adapters
From: Steven Langdale <Steven.Langdale AT CAT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 06:56:59 +0100
Hi

I'm sure you are right on the SCSI reset point.  That protocol is
implemented higher up.  Though I think the gist of the answer was more of
a "don't know" and that was an example of what's happened in the past.

Some of us have had some odd happenings when mixing in the past.

You are also right on the partition mobility point too.

This is probably one to ask IBM if it's a supported configuration or can
you get an RPQ for it.

Thanks

Steven
==

Mehdi Salehi <ezzobad AT GMAIL DOT COM>
15/09/2010 06:25
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Tape and disk traffic in FCoE Adapters

Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 15/10/2010

Hi,
"IMO" SCSI reset command should not harm disk traffic if disk and tape are
connected to separate NPIV adapters. Actually they are separate physical
adapters except that they share the same medium for their own FC frames in
lower levels. Needless to say that SCSI is an upper layer protocol.

Sometimes we have to use VIO; like when Live Partition Mobility is the
strategy.

Thank you.