ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TS3500 (3584) Virtual I/O

2010-09-02 03:50:59
Subject: [ADSM-L] TS3500 (3584) Virtual I/O
From: Venyige Róbert <rvenyige AT PCS DOT HU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 07:47:06 +0000
Hello,

I would have a question about IBM TS3500 tape library with ALMS, which already
has the Virtual I/O feautre.
There are no logical libraries, one TSM library manager (on AIX) uses the whole
library, and we would like to enable the virtual IO, because ~40 cartridges are
checked in or checked out, with a 16 slot-I/O station. The library, drives,
paths were defined in TSM with disabled virtual I/O.

When we would like to enable it,
- does it change the element map provided for the host (TSM) - and library must
be redefined in TSM, or
- the library administers the virtual I/O slots transparently for the OS and
TSM?

Does anyone experince with that?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,