ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Sequential vs Random Disk Stgpools (Food Fight!)

2010-08-06 16:42:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Sequential vs Random Disk Stgpools (Food Fight!)
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 16:41:45 -0400
Roger,

I'll defer to an IBM answer, but my read is "no", they aren't recommending DISK
over FILE.  I think what they are saying is no more along these lines:  IFF you
are using DISK storage pools, they will perform better on Raw LV than on cooked
JFS2.  This is a change from the past, where they had stated a preference for
JFS2 over RAW.

I do not think they are stating a preference for DISK over FILE.

my 2 cents.
..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Manager, Storage Services                 Fx: 607-255-8521