ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] exchange 2010 vss backups

2010-08-05 12:46:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] exchange 2010 vss backups
From: "Prather, Wanda" <wPrather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 16:44:08 +0000
FWIW,
Did this recently.
Did you upgrade the b/a client to 6.2.1?  That is a requirement for Exch 2010.

We ran FULLs, COPYs, DIFFs, and INCRs successfully and all of them bound
correctly as specified in VSSPOLICY.
(We did not have /config in the .cmd file because we were using the default and
only 1 nodename.)
Did you activate the mgmt class/policy set that you specified in VSSPOLICY?
If you still can't get the VSSPOLICY to bind correctly, I suggest you call
support.

Whether you run FULLS for daily is up to you.  In my case, the FULL is 800G, so
it is more practical to run FULL on the weekend and DIFF for daily, as only
about 12G changes per day.
The difference between FULL and COPY, is that the FULL truncates/clears the
log, and COPY does not.  So I would recommend COPY for your Monthly and Yearly
backups.