ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ports on TS3310 LCB

2010-07-31 11:53:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ports on TS3310 LCB
From: Steven Langdale <Steven.Langdale AT CAT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 16:52:34 +0100
Well it's lacking the I/O blades, so yes it is lacking.

As to whether it makes much difference, not really, apart from increased
port usage on the Switch.  I really can see that adding extra blades
improves reliability,

Steven

Mehdi Salehi <ezzobad AT GOOGLEMAIL DOT COM>
31/07/2010 07:54
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] ports on TS3310 LCB

Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 30/08/2010

Thanks Steven,
Here is a description of FC I/O Blade in i500:
"The I/O blade architecture featured in the Scalar i500 tape library is
designed to improve reliability in SAN environments. In addition, this I/O
architecture enables seamless integration & operation, and reduces switch
port & cabling requirements by 75%"

Does it mean the rebadged version (TS3310) lacks something?

Thanks