ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] backup files larger than tape cartridge size

2010-07-20 10:51:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] backup files larger than tape cartridge size
From: "Gee, Norman" <Norman.Gee AT LC.CA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 07:50:24 -0700
Yes, if you watch it closely. Sometimes you can see the migration or
backup STG ask for a scratch tape during the process.

When it reaches the end of tape, TSM will ask for a new tape to place
the rest of the file on the new tape(s).

I have a single NDMP backup that is over 4 TB that is backup to 4
consecutive LTO4 tapes with no problems.  All 4 tapes shows the same
last written date and time.

Of