ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] What is this undocumented command

2010-07-09 17:27:17
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] What is this undocumented command
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 17:25:34 -0400
Bill,

I ran this past one of our server developers. I also tried the command
myself on a 6.2.1 server. Here is the server console log results:

ANR2017I Administrator STORMAN issued command: OL
ANR2000E Unknown command - OL.
ANR2017I Administrator STORMAN issued command: ROLLBACK
ANR2017I Administrator STORMAN issued command: OL stg=on
ANR2000E Unknown command - OL.
ANR2017I Administrator STORMAN issued command: ROLLBACK

So there is no such command. Whether something else happened on the line
that got into the command parser or if the hang occurred just as a matter
of coincidence we cannot say. If it is still in this state and doesn't
clear, and you are willing to open a PMR, then pursue a core file and we'll
take a look at it. If this was AIX, we'd also ask for a procstack a couple
times prior to the core file, but not sure if Linux has an equivalent to
this aix command.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2010-07-09
16:48:15:

> From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
> To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
> Date: 2010-07-09 16:50
> Subject: What is this undocumented command
> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
>
> TSM 5.5 on linux..it's a slow link and I was typing Q VOL
> STG=ONSITELTO<enter> and what ended up at the other end was OL
STG=ON<enter>