ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM needs to prompt for the password but cannot prompt (problem)

2010-07-07 22:37:18
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM needs to prompt for the password but cannot prompt (problem)
From: William ZHANG <william.zhang AT ST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:36:24 +0800
Hello All,

Yesterday, my linux server got hardware problem, and we fixed it,
After reboot my TSM server and prepare to backup data, I get error:

Node Name: NETAPP
ANS2050E TSM needs to prompt for the password but cannot prompt  because the
process is running in the background.
ANS2050E TSM needs to prompt for the password but cannot prompt  because the
process is running in the background.
ANS1025E Session rejected: Authentication failure

I find answer in  TSM "Message", and  say "You may use RUNASSERVICE option with
PASSWORDACCESS PROMPT. Turn off RUNASSERVICE to be able to get prompted"

So should I modify "passwordaccess generate" to "passwordaccess runasservice" ?

But why it was ok before this fix ???

Any idea?   Many thanks!

This is my dsm.sys:
SErvername  SHITSM01
   COMMMethod         TCPip
   TCPPort            1500
   TCPServeraddress   127.0.0.1
   nodename           NETAPP
   passwordaccess     generate
   schedmode          prompted
   TXNBYTELIMIT       50000
   memoryefficientbackup yes
InclExcl           /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/NETAPP/shifs01b/InclExcl.LIS
SchedLogName        /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/NETAPP/shifs01b/sched.log
SchedLogRetention  7 D
SchedMod           PROMPTED
ErrorLogName       /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/NETAPP/shifs01b/error.log
ErrorLogRetention  7

Best Regards,
William