ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restoring large filesystem

2010-07-07 19:43:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restoring large filesystem
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 19:40:55 -0400
On Jul 7, 2010, at 6:49 PM, Dan Olson wrote:

I'm trying to do a multi-session restore on a client that has
several fileystems that were backed up with VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT. The
root filesystem was never backed up on this client.  For example

Filespaces
/foo/bar/a

dsmc restore "/foo/*" -subdir=yes

That restore does not work.  It gives me -
ANS1247I Waiting for files from the server...
ANS1302E No objects on server match query

Think it through...  "/foo/*" is expanded by the TSM client to "/foo/
bar", which is not of sufficient path length to have participated in
the backups.  And remember to put a / at the end of a filespec to TSM
for it to be regarded as a directory.  And test your operation's
veracity via 'dsmc q backup' first.  So, try:  dsmc q ba "/foo/bar/*/"
-subdir=yes

    Richard Sims